Saturday 3 February 2007

DiD I say 43 miles, Nae Bother?

8 am Saturday, fuelled up and ready to drive to Strathclyde Park. Then I remembered that Paul was making a big effort this weekend and was going to walk into Town instead of getting transport. So car keys thrown back in drawer and I set out to walk to Strathy. Beautiful morning, sun shining, but absolutely freezing! It took me an hour to get to Strathy, an hour to walk round and an hour and fifteen minutes on the uphill struggle back to sunny Newarthill. I honestley could not have walked another millimeter, my feet were aching and my legs were wabbit. Overall this was just over 12 and a half miles, and we have to do nearly 4 times that!! Help!!! I suppose at only one week into my new fitness regime it is not that bad for a recovering couch potato.

No comments: