Wednesday 21 February 2007

Bikin'

The new bike is great and I received my new lights through the post so I decided it was time to take the trek into work. Newarthill to Glasgow 14.5 miles. 1hr and 5 minutes downhill all the way. the return trip took 1hr 20 minutes and I was feeling it a bit after a hard day at 'the office'.

My mate 'big John' retired today, early retirement that is! We had a wee reception for him at work so everybody could say cheerio. We are going out on Friday to do it properly!!!

As part of the deal at Billy Bilsland Cycles I was to get shoes and pedals. Phoned up this morning and my size were now in stock, so I raced down during my lunchbreak only to find my helpful 'Neil' had ordered in size 8 instead of size 9.... not chuffed. Did get a bell tho'. Ah well, another hike down to the Saltmarket tomorrow.

No comments: