Sunday 25 February 2007

1000 mile socks? More like 10 mile.....

We were out at big Johns' leaving do last night, had my first intro into shots. Tequila, tequila and then amnesia. Woke up with sore ribs but not from laughing! Painful rib, broken bedside lamp and one leg still inside jeans. Good job my wife is away at her sisters this weekend, don't tell her!

Anyway I still managed to get myself up and drag my limp body down to Dalzell House in Motherwell where I set off on a trek over to the 'Clyde Valley' Nice day with just a smittering of occasional drizzle. 2 hours out, had a bit of lunch and then return. I was wearing my new 1000 mile socks and my feet were still aching. NO blisters tho' but still tender. Thanks to fellow Monster Tamers TLDADS, I have mapped out my hike on a website mentioned in their blog (see Links)



The website calculates distance, average speed etc. It has worked out that I walked just over 13 and a half miles..... felt like 33 and a half!! This is going to be tough. 43 miles, nae bother!!

Here's a wee picture of the new Garrion Bridge.

No comments: