Sunday 22 April 2007

This countdown thing is scaring me..........

Nearly twelve days since my last post and it's all to do with this daft countdown thing at the side of the blog! I will boot up the PC, navigate to the blog page, and the first thing you see is this great thing telling us that there is 19 days:15hrs:11 mins:20secs , 19 secs, 18secs 17secs etc. 'til pain and misery, so what do I do instead of updating the blog? - It's the old head in the sand thing, if I can't see it, perhaps it will go away - I start looking at ebay or something!!!

Anyway I know it's not going to go away but for some reason I can't seem to motivate myself for the final push although Paul is rarin' to go. I have convinced myself that I am saving myself, protecting my poor joints and thinning skin on the soles of my feet for the big day.

Last Saturday, Paul and me did the Strathy walk again, this time in 3 hrs 30 or something! Now Paul is a good head above me in height and was striding out goodtime. I felt like I was a wee boy again, falling behind then having to do a double quick step to catch up with my dad. The sweat was pouring off me. I had forgotten that the 'Tic were playing at 12:30 that day and he was making sure that he was back in time to see it on Satanta. Did they win? I found out later that he has also picked up a rubbing injury to his ankle and he was trying to "outpace the agony", eh??

I am getting blisters on my blisters on any walks over 10 miles so I tried some zinc oxide tape directly over the worst areas (read this somewhere) before we started on Saturday, When I pulled it off... off came the skin as well to show this lovely virgin pink stuff, soft as a babies bum. So much for trying to harden it up all these weeks with Meths and stuff!

On Sunday, Paul, keen as ever was out on his bike, running around Glasgow, up Sauchie and doon Buchie, here there and everywhere for 2hrs 15 mins. He is sure that it must have been around the 30 mile mark. I am having trouble trying to map the route, it is quite complicated. lol. He has also cycled to work and home again every day SOBER!! It's not that he drinks and cycles but Paul has been abstaining from any alcoholic beverages for 4 WEEKS now. I think he should have been sponsored for that alone, well done big man!

We got some head lice this week too, I mean head lights, cheers Eddie!

My contributions are not so grande this week, I cycled to and from work 2 days in a row (60 miles) and did 100 situps in front of the telly. That's it!


I think I might remove that timer.......

No comments: