Sunday 1 April 2007

Where's the Snow?




Exactly, where is the snow? This is what some geezer asked me when he saw me out with my walking poles. I was already feeling a bit of a prat, striding out along the Clyde Walkway with these daft poles getting strange looks from all the rest of the punters who were out for a leisurely stroll with their dogs!!

Anyway I wouldn't have been without them, they fair take the weight off my dodgy knees and hips. Best 13 quid I have spent (EBay). Don't know the benefit of buying the ones at £60 or more, these ones seem to be doing the job.

I was supposed to be on holiday this week, well I was on holiday, it's just that I didn't get much down time. We had a couple of days away at the inlaws caravan in Kinghorn but even used this for a coastline walk to Kirkcaldy and back. About 7+ miles but it was broken up with a pub lunch and Guinness! so I guess it disnae count. On Thursday, as I had the bike with me, I cycled back down to Newarthill, 42 miles in 3 and a half hours, nae bother...

Before we went to Kinghorn I had to relocate a mountain of chuckys that we had delivered last year sometime. Out of a load of 20 tons there was still a few tons that were still on the drive. There was also a couple of trees that needed dug up.


A full day on Monday barrowing and half a day Tuesday got it cleared.


Over 100 barrow loads got it down to this. Great workout!!

Paul has been at work while I have been enjoying myself, I will find out Monday what he has been up to.


Workouts this week have included:

Monday 26th - 70 barrows, cut down trees and dug up massive root. nearly 7 hours
Tuesday 27th am - Walk to Shotts Prison and back (Route here)
Tuesday 27th pm - 30 odd barrows and a second tree root then off to Kinghorn
Wednesday 28th - Walk to Kirkcaldy 7.35 miles (Route here)
Thursday 29th - Cycle from Kinghorn to Newarthill 42 miles, 3 hrs 30 mins (Route here)
Friday 30th - Walk to Shotts Prison and back
Saturday 31st - Strathy to Garrion Bridge and back (Route here)
A Holiday?????

1 comment:

Steven said...

Loving those poles - we have got ours but haven't been brave enough to go out walking with them. Might have to go walking in the dark!

Brilliant effort cycling back from Kinghorn!