Sunday 25 March 2007

41 Days Left

After my last post I think I went into a bit of a depression. The pains in my knee and hip were getting me down and that was only from 18 miles!! I took a week off the exercising to recover body, but mostly mind.

Amanda, my journalist niece, had to do a video piece for her Uni course and once again chose me as her subject. Can't think why! Anyway she brought her Papa over last Sunday to film me exercising, out on the bike and a wee interview, for that she felt the need to furnish me with a bottle of Morgans! Lovely girl that. I drank the Morgans after the interview by way.

Paul had whisked his girlfriend away to Dublin for a birthday treat. So I imagine the lifting of a few Guinness's will be the only training from him this week. Happy **th Birthday Lynne!!!! Hope you enjoyed Dublin.

Once the depression had lifted I did a couple of stints in the shed limbering up on the exercise stuff, no immediate reaction to my knee or hip so I decided to step it up a notch by going for a 30 mile bike ride (route here). The first 5 miles or so were **llish but after that I felt I could have cycled all day. That is until I got off the bike back at the house, legs were like jelly and bum numb!!

Woke up next morning at about 4am, I had forgotten to put the bike away last night and was out of bed like a shot. It was still where I had left it, very honest folk in Newarthill you know. Went back to bed but couldn't get back to sleep, I guessed that I could be putting this time to better use so I took myself off for a 14 mile donner up to Shotts Prison and back again. I took a couple of Brufen before I went and had no reaction in knee/hip. Remember kids, Say NO to Drugs! I'm thinking positive again and can't wait to get out again.

I am on holiday this week and hoping to get the garden and all that type of stuff tidied. Probably get out for a couple of hikes/bikes as well, we'll see....

Sunday 18th - shed gym: situps 50+50+50 in 1 hr workout.
Monday 19th - shed gym: situps 50+50+50 in 1 hr workout.
Tuesday 20th - shed gym: situps 50+40 in 30 mins workout.. knackered today
Friday 23rd - shed gym: situps 60+60 in 1 hr workout
Saturday 24th - Bike Ride 32 miles in 2 hrs 40 mins (Route here)
Sunday 25th - Walk 14 miles in 4hrs 40 mins (Route here)

No comments: