Saturday 10 March 2007

56 Days to Go...............................

Only one cycle to work last week, didn't feel that great after cycling home on Wednesday night, some bug maybe.. Had a carry out meal Thursday and went to our favourite Indian Restaurant, Chutneys on Friday (just had a wee pre theatre) nice with a garlic nan! Felt a bit guilty and did 40 odd minutes on exercise machines before we went out.

Early rise Saturday and felt great and set off at 7:20am with big intentions. Paul was supposed to be coming this week but had to call off at last minute.. 56 days to go....Paul!

Walked from house to Dalziel House and then along Clyde Walkway up to the Garrion Bridge, on the way back I took a wee detour to see that hoose I fancy. Needs a bit more work than I thought George!
Found out it is actually Cambusnethan Priory, I think I remember that they used to run Jacobian Nights there many moons ago, what a sad state it is in now though!



That detour had me up to my knees in mud and sh** as I had to cut across a field full of 'hairy beasts' who have no finesse in the toileting department. I must tell that farmer to tell his cows to stay off the clearly signposted 'walkway'!!!!!!

Another detour by going via Strathclyde Park where I change into my trainers for the hike back up to Newarthill. Had a little twinge in my left knee but soldiered on.. this twinge soon travelled across to my right hip and right up to my now furrowed brow!! Hobbled the last 5 or so miles with thoughts going through my mind that I had only travelled about a third of our intended 43 miles.. maybe I should go for the silver, at this rate it might be bronze.

6 hours 25 minutes and 17.87 miles later.........................home at last!! Route here

Paul has been getting on to me and I promised that I would post his cycle route to and from work which he travels daily, 5.42 miles each way. Route here

I tried to get the route he swims at Bellahouston Baths but I was nearly arrested as apparently you can't video in the baths anymore ;~)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi - if you read this - I am signed up for the Monster too but am not doing great on the training side - my team mates don't live locally and getting someone to do the distance walks is a problem - I live in Motherwell and wondered when you train?

jake said...

I'm not going out this weekend, due to my pains from last weekend. I have the same problem with Paul, he lives in South Glasgow and we are doing our own thing so far. I have been going out hiking/walking most Saturday mornings, I have a yahoo email address jakowakod@yahoo.co.uk if you want to arrange something. you should already know bits about me from my blog, you are still anon to me!!

Steven said...

Jake,
Enjoy kinghorn - you could do some cracking coastal walks along to burntisland, aberdour etc.
There is a few nice chip shops, bakers and ice cream parlours along the way - resist the urge! We are mostly doing Saturday's as a team and if you fancied joining us, you would be more than welcome.

Sounds like your training is coming along better than mine - I have sort of fallen off the wagon this weekend!

ATB,
Steven